This page describes the primary differences between Lockpoint Server/Data Center (DC) and Lockpoint Cloud.
Both Lockpoint Cloud and Lockpoint Server/DC permit users to collaborate on attachments, permitting individual users to lock and unlock attachments, and both guard against changes made by other users when an attachment is locked.
While both Lockpoint Cloud and Lockpoint Server/DC perform the same general functions, they are different products. The majority of the application features, including the space and global administration management, is common to both products. Some functionality, however, is available in only the Server/DC version and not the Cloud version.
What is the main difference between Lockpoint Cloud and Lockpoint Server?
Lockpoint Cloud uses a reactive method for preventing attachment conflicts. As with Lockpoint Server/DC, the lock status of an attachment is displayed in the Attachments Macro and on the Attachments page, but when a user attempts to upload an attachment that is locked, Lockpoint Cloud behaves slightly differently than Lockpoint Server/DC.
On Lockpoint Server/DC, when an attachment upload is attempted, the upload is blocked and an error message is immediately presented to the user.
On Lockpoint Cloud, the attachment upload is permitted, but the change is immediately reverted by Lockpoint Cloud. The result of this reversion is that the attachment is restored to its original state.
With Lockpoint Cloud, after the attachment upload is reverted, the user who uploaded the blocked attachment will receive an in-application warning dialog, indicating that the upload was blocked. This warning will typically display within 15 seconds after the upload was blocked.
Some details of this method of blocking attachment uploads may be visible to users of Lockpoint Cloud:
- If a user is watching the page and Confluence is configured to send notifications of attachment uploads, the user may receive notifications of both the blocked upload and the subsequent reversion by Lockpoint.
- Both the blocked attachment upload and the reverted version will appear in the attachment version history, which may complicate the view of the attachment history. However, since Lockpoint never deletes data, the entire file content of the blocked upload is retained as usual in the Confluence version history, which can be viewed in the event that users wish to disambiguate a conflict.
Minor Features Present Only in Lockpoint Server/DC
A number of smaller feature differences are present between Lockpoint Server/DC and Lockpoint Cloud:
- Lockpoint Cloud supports only "Smart Locking". With Smart Locking, all attachments are by default automatically accessible (and modifiable) by all users, unless the attachment is specifically locked by another user. Once an attachment is locked, only the user who locked it can make changes. On Lockpoint Server/DC, a "strict locking" method is also supported, which requires that an attachment first be locked before it can be modified in any way. Strict locking is not supported on Lockpoint Cloud.
- Lockpoint Cloud has a "Locked Attachments" feature that is available from the page header. This feature is not available in Lockpoint Server.
- Lockpoint Cloud does not integrate with Gliffy.
- Lockpoint Cloud does not display lock statuses in the attachment previewer or support locking/unlocking from the previewer.
- Lockpoint Cloud presents its user interface only in English.
- Lockpoint Cloud does not currently permit the customization of the email templates used for locked-for-too-long warning emails, unlock notification emails, and email notifications when a locked attachment becomes available. Instead, static text is used.
- Lockpoint Cloud does not have a one-click action to lock or unlock all attachments within the Attachments Macro. Instead, Lockpoint Cloud provides a method to lock and unlock attachments from the page header. Using the corresponding dialog, multiple attachments can be locked or unlocked in quick succession before reloading the page.
For other details regarding minor limitations directly related to the Lockpoint Cloud product: