Lockpoint Server 3.0 Release Notes
This page is for Lockpoint Server/Data Center. Looking for Lockpoint Cloud? See the relevant documentation.
December 14, 2022
- Corrects an integration issue where the Gliffy full-screen diagram viewer would not load correctly.
- Fixes an issue where messages such as "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle is uninstalled" could be generated in Confluence logs after disabling or upgrading Lockpoint.
Major architectural upgrade, Confluence 8.0 support, and more
December 2, 2022
- Compatibility with Confluence 8.0.
- Support for Java 17.
- The Space Attachments macro now displays the user's display name, rather than the username, when displaying a list of locks in a space.
- This release includes a new back-end architecture, including numerous upgrades to various components for improved stability and performance.
- This release also includes significant updates to Lockpoint's front-end architecture, bringing the server product's platform in line with Lockpoint Cloud.
- This release includes a storage format change for the list of locked attachments and the space-level Lockpoint Administrator configuration:
- Previously, Lockpoint attachment data and space permissions were stored using the Confluence Bandana storage mechanism. This release migrates all relevant data to the ActiveObjects storage mechanism.
- Upon installing Lockpoint 3.0+, all legacy attachments locks and all lists of space-level Lockpoint Administrators will be automatically migrated to the new format during a one-time upgrade task.
- On enterprise-scale systems with thousands of spaces, this upgrade task may take 2-3 minutes to run, potentially with an increase in CPU load. The Confluence system will remain functional during this time, but up-to-date lock information will not be visible to users until the task finishes running.
- For this reason, if your Confluence site has more than a few hundred spaces, we recommend performing this upgrade during a scheduled maintenance window to ensure a consistent user experience.
- Once this upgrade task has completed, all future locks, unlocks and updates to space-level configuration will be written exclusively to the new storage format.
- Although it is still possible to roll back to Lockpoint 2.x after an upgrade to Lockpoint 3.x, any changes made after the 3.x upgrade (including locking and unlocking attachments) will be applied only to the new storage format. If you roll back to Lockpoint 2.x, changes made by users after the 3.0 upgrade will not be reflected in the lock status after a rollback.
- If you perform a rollback to Lockpoint 2.x after the upgrade, and you then wish to re-upgrade to Lockpoint 3.x at a later date, you will need to force Lockpoint to re-migrate the legacy attachment storage data. Please contact Cenote Support for instructions to force the migration task to run a second time.
- Internet Explorer is no longer supported in this release.
- The Russian language translation is no longer supplied with this release.
- Confluence 7.5+ is fully supported by this release.
- Confluence 7.0 - 7.4 are also supported by this release, with the exception of Internet Explorer 11 not being supported (even though it is supported by the underlying version of Confluence).
- Confluence 6.x and below is no longer supported in this release.
- Fixes an issue when installing on Confluence 7.x, where Confluence would display the following message immediately after installation: "This app might be functional, but one or more modules is missing dependencies". This message was benign, but this release corrects the message display.
If a Confluence site has been patched to hide the Confluence version number from users (following Atlassian's standard instructions), the media previewer would not initialize correctly when the user attempts to view an attachment. This release corrects this behavior. The error message appearing in the user's browser would be similar to:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getCurrentFile')
Uncaught TypeError: this.mediaViewer is undefined